The City of San Antonio Parking Division provides downtown residents with permits that identify residents of certain areas in the central downtown district. The Residential Parking Permit (RPP) allows residential parking in these designated zones and meant to assist residents during high traffic events in areas adjacent to these neighborhoods.
To participate for a Residential Parking Permit, you must be a resident of a designated residential zone: North Flores district, Arsenal district, Lavaca district, Perry Court area. Residents in these areas will be notified by mail when to apply or renew their RPP.
If you have any questions related to qualifications, application or renewal of the Residential Parking Permit, please contact the Parking Division at 210.207.8277.
Throughout Downtown are several Commercial Loading Zones. Downtown residents are able to park in these zones for the purpose of loading and unloading with a Residential Decal.
Program Rules and Regulations
- Required documents: Proof of current residency or provide a copy of the lease agreement. Provide documentation of vehicle identification number and picture identification.
- A new application form must be submitted to continue participation in the program.
- If the vehicle is sold or title is transferred, the decal will be replaced at no charge when returned. A written notice is required along with a replacement fee of $5.00 if decal is not returned.
- Documented misuse or abuse of the decal will result in a suspension of privileges for a period not to exceed one year. Examples: Transferring decal from one vehicle to another without proper notice and/or excessive parking citations.
- Vehicle is subject to citations and towing for overtime parking in commercial loading zones if parking exceeds for more than 20 minutes.
- Visitors permit is subject to #’s 4 and 5 above.
- Only one decal and one visitor permit is allowed per address.
- If a decal is lost, stolen or misplaced, only one replacement will be issued within one year period. Replacement fee is $5.00.
- It is the decal holder’s responsibility to contact the Parking Division of any changes in vehicle status. Unauthorized transfer of decal may result in citation and impoundment of vehicle. Decal holder is responsible for renewal decal. Expiration date on decal serves as notice.
Decals are sold between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Download: Residential Decal Application (PDF)
The Parking Division is now located at 400 N. St. Mary's, Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78205.
If you require additional information concerning this program, call the Parking Division at 210.207.8266.