Throughout Downtown are several Commercial Loading Zones. Commercial vehicles are permitted to park in these zones if the vehicle has 2” lettering inscribed or painted, which notes the company name on both sides of the vehicle in contrasting colors. The City’s Commercial Decal Program offers an option to those commercial vehicles that do not have their company name inscribed or painted on each side of the vehicle.
Program Rules and Regulations
- Required proof of ownership of the business: Certification of Incorporation/Corporation (DBA) (L LC), Assumed Name Certificate, including, sales tax permit, or / and a Lease Agreement of business, copy of vehicle insurance or registration with the Vehicle Identification Number and picture I .D. (Note: At any time, the department may ask to provide additional required documents).
- A new application form must be submitted each year with document (s) indicating proof of ownership and of valid/active business. Applicants that are employed by business will require employment documentation.
- If the vehicle is sold or transferred; a written notice is required along with a replacement fee of $20.00. Only one decal replacement will be issued within a one year period.
- Documented misuse or abuse of the decal will result in a suspension of privileges for a period not to exceed one year. Examples: Transferring decal from one vehicle to another without proper notice and/or excessive parking citations.
- Vehicle is subject to citations and towing for overtime parking in Commercial Loading Zones if parking exceeds more than 30 minutes.
- It is the decal holder's responsibility to contact the Parking Division of any changes in vehicle status Unauthorized transfer of decal may result in citation and impoundment of vehicle. Decal holder is responsible for the renewing of decal. Expiration date on decal serves as notice.
Decals are sold between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Download: 30 Minute Parking Application (PDF)
The Parking Division is now located at 400 N. St. Mary's, Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78205.
If you require additional information concerning this program, call the Parking Division at 210.207.8266.